Remove this ad

#21 [url]

May 5 10 9:50 AM

The doctor is voiced by our very own Mr. Watsham!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 [url]

May 5 10 10:50 AM

Is the Shank a knife, or a shard of Glass?
(I haven't got D2 yet...I'm in UK)

-dealerwealer

A Shank is a makeshift knife. So, it could be made of anything really. But, in D2 it is metal.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

May 5 10 12:44 PM

Ok, next question (i forgot to get in first post).

After first boss battle, we can see a person on a bed. I think, that is a hero from Dementium 1, isn't it ? 
So Dementium 2 begins in the same moment in which we finished Dementium 1. (?)

I'm from Poland, so please don't critic my bad writing in english ;)

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

May 5 10 1:22 PM

Axel93, you are the same man from Dementium 1. The game opens with you being transferred to a cell after phase 1 (or whatever they called it). There is a reference in the game where the doctor says that you two are close "I did touch your brain, after all." So it is a sequel, but there wasn't much going on in the first game so it is kind of stand-alone too.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

May 5 10 2:30 PM

I actually saw that you voiced in the game in the manual jools, so would that happen to be you who voices the doctor

I'm not going to kill you William, I'm just going to rip your soul out and devour it...

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

May 5 10 3:10 PM

ooo i only saw the first page my mistake

I'm not going to kill you William, I'm just going to rip your soul out and devour it...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

May 5 10 3:10 PM

Thanks for the answer, Mr. Watsham!
There was a review somewhere online and they called the shank a shard of glass, so I wondered, but now I see that a Shank is just a makeshift knife of anything. 
Kthnx.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

May 5 10 7:11 PM

what are the names of the big fat powerful enemies in Dementium 2, crushers? (just a guess seeing as the laughing spitting one is a spitter)

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

May 6 10 5:16 PM

Hey Jools.  On your YouTube page, a few months back, I asked if "the guy you get the pistol from in D1 was based on Gregg."  You replied confirming and then mentioned that "the russian" would appear in D2.  I think I just found him.  Is he the guy "hanging out" on the ship?

Also, some one on the GameFAQs message board who claims to know the Russian language fairly well said,

"I'm fluent in Russian, after having lived in Russia for two years, and these guys are speaking Russian!

Some of the phrases they are saying are, "I'm afraid, somebody please help me!" or "Get me out of here!"

The guy in the first bed is talking about how he's not a killer.

Some of what they are saying sounds like gibberish, but I definitely picked out Russian phrases when I heard them.

What do you guys think about these patients being Russian?"

He then later posts:

"I went to the room with the prisoners speaking Russian, I wrote down what they said. I'll write it here, first in Russian (with in English letters because 1. Gamefaqs doesn't show cyrillic text and 2. most of you wouldn't be able to read it) and then with the English translation just for kicks.

So, upon entering the room the first prisoner on the bed says the following phrases,

1. Mne stidno. - I'm embarassed/ashamed.
2. Ya vinovat. - I'm guilty.
3. Pravonarusheetel. - An offender (where there are 2 letters 'e' it should be an i, but makes the sound like in bee. Gamefaqs wouldn't let me put that word in because it had sh and then it. :P)
4. Ubiytsa - Murderer
5. Poshada. (they say it with a weird accent, so it sounds more like Poschada) - Mercy.

The second says,

1. Mne strashno. - I'm scared.
2. Pravonarusheetel. - An offender
3. Pomogat. - Help (me).
4. Proklyatiy. (once again with the weird accent it sounds like Prokliyadiy) - Damned.
5. Poshada. (they say it with a weird accent, so it sounds more like Poschada) - Mercy.

Prisoner number three says,

1. Mne bolno - It hurts.
2. Mne strashno. - I'm scared.
3. Pomogat. - Help (me).
4. Ne trogay menya. - Don't touch me.
5. Proklyatiy. (once again with the weird accent it sounds like Prokliyadiy) - Damned.

Prisoner number four doesn't say anything.

Prisoner number five says,

2. Pomogat. - Help (me).
3. Proklyatiy. (once again with the weird accent it sounds like Prokliyadiy) - Damned.
4. Pravonarusheetel. - An offender

Go ahead and listen for the phrases. They all don't sound like Russian accents, but with some intent listening I could pick out the words. I hope someone at least finds this a fun piece of trivia if not useful."

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960635-dementium-ii/54647403

That's pretty freaking cool, Jools.  One last question, why did you go with Russians?  Not that I have a problem with that, I was just wondering.  You made it a point to lable "the guy you get the pistol from in D1" as Russian, and now Russians appear in D2.  I find it curious.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

May 6 10 5:33 PM

Don't worry, its not a spoiler, just part of the environment.  I wouldn't post any spoilers, if anything, I would alllude to them but only in a way that someone who has played the game would understand.

And actually, you should read the rest of the post, it displays the amount of realistic detail that Jools and the rest of the team put into the game.

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

May 6 10 7:31 PM

Hey Jools.  On your YouTube page, a few months back, I asked if "the guy you get the pistol from in D1 was based on Gregg."  You replied confirming and then mentioned that "the russian" would appear in D2.  I think I just found him.  Is he the guy "hanging out" on the ship?
Also, some one on the GameFAQs message board who claims to know the Russian language fairly well said,
"I'm fluent in Russian, after having lived in Russia for two years, and these guys are speaking Russian!
Some of the phrases they are saying are, "I'm afraid, somebody please help me!" or "Get me out of here!"
The guy in the first bed is talking about how he's not a killer.
Some of what they are saying sounds like gibberish, but I definitely picked out Russian phrases when I heard them.
What do you guys think about these patients being Russian?"

He then later posts:

"I went to the room with the prisoners speaking Russian, I wrote down what they said. I'll write it here, first in Russian (with in English letters because 1. Gamefaqs doesn't show cyrillic text and 2. most of you wouldn't be able to read it) and then with the English translation just for kicks.
So, upon entering the room the first prisoner on the bed says the following phrases,
1. Mne stidno. - I'm embarassed/ashamed.
2. Ya vinovat. - I'm guilty.
3. Pravonarusheetel. - An offender (where there are 2 letters 'e' it should be an i, but makes the sound like in bee. Gamefaqs wouldn't let me put that word in because it had sh and then it. :P)
4. Ubiytsa - Murderer
The second says,
2. Pravonarusheetel. - An offender
3. Pomogat. - Help (me).
4. Proklyatiy. (once again with the weird accent it sounds like Prokliyadiy) - Damned.

Prisoner number three says,
1. Mne bolno - It hurts.
2. Mne strashno. - I'm scared.
3. Pomogat. - Help (me).
4. Ne trogay menya. - Don't touch me.
5. Proklyatiy. (once again with the weird accent it sounds like Prokliyadiy) - Damned.
Prisoner number four doesn't say anything.
Prisoner number five says,
2. Pomogat. - Help (me).
3. Proklyatiy. (once again with the weird accent it sounds like Prokliyadiy) - Damned.
4. Pravonarusheetel. - An offender
Go ahead and listen for the phrases. They all don't sound like Russian accents, but with some intent listening I could pick out the words. I hope someone at least finds this a fun piece of trivia if not useful."
[url]
That's pretty freaking cool, Jools.  One last question, why did you go with Russians?  Not that I have a problem with that, I was just wondering.  You made it a point to lable "the guy you get the pistol from in D1" as Russian, and now Russians appear in D2.  I find it curious.

-obishawn

Yes, good catch. The guy in the boat is the same Russian dude from D1. His name is Karl. :) He is modeled after our very own Gregg (who is not Russian).

I wanted to go with Russian dialog D2 because it sounds scary and mysterious to me. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, it's just my opinion. :) There have been plenty of bad guys with English accents, and that doesn't bother me... obviously (I'm looking at you, evil Doctor!). And I expect 90% of the people who play the game are affected the same way when they hear Russian mumbled like it is in the game. I have nothing personal against those who speak Russian. To me, who does not understand a word of Russian, it works well as a foreign language that most players won't understand, but will still be affected with its mysterious and scary nature. We researched the meaning and pronunciation of Russian words and made sure the characters in the game were saying something that fit the context of their situation.

Thank you for noticing. :)

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

May 6 10 7:44 PM

Cool.  Thanks for the reply.  "Karl" is a lot easier to say (and type) than "the guy you get the pistol from in D1."

I like that you used Russian for the patients.  I don't know any Russian either and when I first went into the room, I thought they were just shouting crazy nonsense ramblings and I found it perfectly disconcerting.  It was great.  I had to stop playing the game, and make a video of them all shouting their various phrases with my phone.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

May 7 10 12:06 AM

Hey, Jools.  I'm the person who wrote about and translated the Russian in Dementium II.  I was just wondering, what kind of research did you do to get theses Russian phrases, and who were the voice actors for the people speaking Russian?  Thanks again for making such a great game.  I've already beaten it on normal, and now am going through on hard. :D

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help