Remove this ad

Lead

May 26 12 10:43 AM

Tags : :

when I heard about this game I had to have it because M rated games were VERY rare for the DS and it looked awesome from the screen shots.

When I got Dementium: The Ward I made it a point to play it late at night with headphones all the way up and in the dark. I also turned off the music so I could only hear the sound effects of the game. All that made me feel like I was in the game! I could feel my heart beat in my chest the entire time I played. definitely one of my favorite experiences on the DS!

did you do anything special to better your experience with Dementium?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 26 12 1:16 PM

Welcome to the boards, spamineggs!  Thanks for joining.

did you do anything special to better your experience with Dementium?

I sure did, I made a walkthrough.  In making the walkthrough, I was forced to take my time, repeat things and try to experience the game in all of its facets so that the guide could be as relatable and accessible to everyone.  In doing so, I got to see the detail involved and really appreciate all of the nuances.

And like you, I played in the dark with headphones - the only way to play it!  But, I prefer to keep the music turned on.  I suppose it is debatable, but I feel it adds to the atmoshpere of the game, helps to build the suspence.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 27 12 8:03 PM

For my playthrough last August, we had lost our power and were running on a generator in the afternoon (Hurricane Irene hey-oh.) So at night there was no power, which definitely enhanced things. I also took it upon myself to make a map of every chapter in my sketchbook. Made things so much easier. Also was a lot of fun.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help